Baked Cheesecake with Strawberries & Passionfruit Syrup
This fruity and flavoursome cheesecake is a guaranteed hit! Topped with strawberries and passionfruit syrup, it can be served as a refreshing summer snack or after-dinner dessert.
- 1 packet White Wings Baked Cheesecake Tart Mix
- 70g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 125ml thickened cream
- 190ml milk
- 300ml thickened cream
- 200ml crème fraîche or sour cream
- 2 tbsp CSR Pure Icing Sugar, sifted
- 1 punnet (250g) strawberries, to serve
- ½ cup (110g) CSR Caster Sugar
- 125ml passionfruit pulp (about 4 passionfruits)
- 60ml water
- Prepare, bake and chill White Wings Baked Cheesecake Tart mix as directed.
- For the passionfruit syrup, combine sugar, passionfruit pulp and ¼ cup (60mL) water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook until sugar dissolves. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 mins until syrup has reduced slightly.
- Remove from the heat and refrigerate for 2 hours until chilled and thickened.
- For the cream topping, use an electric mixer to whisk crème fraîche, cream and icing sugar on high for 1-2 mins until soft peaks form.
- Place cheesecake on a serving platter. Spoon over cream, top with strawberries and drizzle with passionfruit syrup to serve.
Halve or quarter the strawberries to serve if preferred!