Choc Mousse Tart with Salted Caramel and Macadamia
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 1 hour chill time
Servings: 20 mini tarts
Made with our Fillings and Layers Choc Mousse Mix, these Chocolate Tarts are simply irresistible!
Top with any of your favourite sweets - our recommendation is chopped roasted macadamia!
- 400g digestive biscuits
- 250g melted unsalted butter
- 55g cocoa powder, sifted
- 50g (1/3 cup) CSR icing sugar, sifted
- 430g jar dulce de leche
- 75g ( ½ cup) roasted macadamias, coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt flakes, plus extra to scatter
- 1 x White Wings Choc Mousse Mix
- Chopped roasted macadamias, to serve
For small tarts:
- Cut 20 strips baking paper, about 15cm long x 1.5cm wide. Grease two 12-hole, ½ cup (125ml) capacity muffin pans lightly with oil, and lay a strip of paper into each, with ends extending above the sides.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add the butter, cocoa and sugar and process until combined. Divide mixture (about ¼ cup) evenly among the lined holes. Use a tablespoon measure to spread and press the biscuits mixture over the base and sides of each hole. Refrigerate for 30 mins to chill.
- Mix dulce de leche, macadamias and salt in a bowl and divide among tart shells. Using the back of a warm spoon, spread the mixture out to create an even layer. Chill until required.
- Prepare the chocolate mousse filling mixture as directed. Place chocolate mousse into a piping bag. Snip off the end and pipe evenly over the caramel layer. Using the back of a spoon, spread the mousse to side the tart shells. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight to set.
- Serve scattered with extra macadamias.
For a large style tart:
- Grease a 24cm (base measurement) x 3.5cm fluted tart tin with removeable base and line the base with baking paper.
- Process 250g digestive biscuits until finely crushed.
- Add 150g melted butter, 35g sifted cocoa powder, 30g sifted icing sugar and process until combined. Spoon mixture into prepared pan and use a straight-sided glass to spread and press the mixture over the base and sides of the tin. Chill for 30 mins to firm.
- Mix 430g dulce de leche, 100g chopped macadamias and ½ tsp sea salt in a bowl and spoon into the tart shell. Using the back of a warm dry spoon, spread the mixture out to create an even layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
- Prepare 1 x White Wings Chocolate Mousse Filling mixture as directed.
- Spread over the caramel layer and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight to set.
- Serve scattered with extra chopped roasted macadamias.