Choc-Peanut Caramel Tart
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 45 mins
Chocolate, peanut and caramel. Three distinct flavours. One divine dessert!
The White Wings Crafted By You range allows you to add that extra bit of flair to your baking!
- 2 packets White Wings Choc Ganache Tart Mix
- 2 egg yolks
- 80g unsalted cold butter
- 170ml thickened cream
Peanut Caramel Filling:
- 110g (½ cup) CSR Caster Sugar
- 40g unsalted butter
- 60ml (¼ cup) thickened cream
- 100g (½ cup) smooth peanut butter
- Chocolate covered peanuts, chopped
- Dark chocolate curls, to serve
- Prepare both packets of the tart base as directed. Chill dough for 1 hour to rest.
- Roll dough out between two sheets baking paper to 28cm round (about 3mm thick). Chill dough for 30 mins to rest. Line a 20cm x 3.5cm tart/flan tin with the pastry. Trim excess pastry, dock the base with a fork and place in the fridge for 30 mins to rest.
- Preheat oven to 170°C, fan forced. Line pastry with foil and fill with rice or pastry weights. Bake for 20 mins. Remove the foil and weights. Reduce heat to 150°C and bake for 10-15 mins until pastry is dry and golden. Set aside to cool.
- For the peanut caramel filling, place sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 mins until sugar has caramelised.
- Remove from the heat, add the butter and swirl to combine. Add the cream and stir to combine. Set aside for 5 mins to cool slightly then stir in the peanut butter. Pour peanut caramel into tart shell, smooth the top and place in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
- Prepare the chocolate ganache as directed. Pour over peanut caramel layer, smooth the top and lightly tap to remove any air bubbles. Place in the fridge for 4 hours or preferably overnight to set.
- To serve, use a hot, dry knife to cut the tart into slices and top with chocolate covered peanuts and chocolate curls.