Easter Spiced Chocolate Twist Loaf
Prep: 25 mins + 1.5 hours proving
Cook: 25 mins
Easter is one of the most creative and fun times of year to bake! So time to try something new with our Crafted Chocolate Twist Loaf to make this gorgeous Spiced Choc Twist Loaf! Impress your guests or enjoy with your family this Easter.
- 1 White Wings Crafted Chocolate Twist Loaf packet mix
- 100ml lukewarm milk
- 80g melted butter
- 1 egg
- Melted white chocolate & mini speckled easter eggs, to decorate
- Spiced Butter
- 40g (2 tbs) CSR Caster Sugar
- 40g softened unsalted butter
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- Prepare and prove dough as directed.
- For spice butter, combine all ingredients together in a small bowl. Finely chop the milk chocolate buttons.
- Roll dough out as directed. Spread butter out over dough. Scatter with milk chocolate, pressing down to adhere. Starting with the longest side, roll tightly to enclose the filling. Chill for 10 minutes to firm.
- Using a serrated knife, trim ends, then cut dough in half lengthwise, then twist together. Form twisted lengths into a ring, pressing the two ends together to join. Transfer ring carefully onto a large oven tray lined with baking paper. Loosely cover with cling wrap and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes to prove.
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan-forced). Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven 180C (160C fan-forced). Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate and decorate with speckled eggs to serve.