Milk Choc Ganache Tarts with Candy Cane Meringues, Raspberries and Mint
A slightly different Christmas dessert, milk choc ganache tarts with candy cane meringues topped with raspberries and mint are sure to be a winner at any event.
- 2 packets White Wings Milk Choc Ganache Tart
- 2 egg yolks
- 80g unsalted cold butter, cubed
- 170ml thickened cream
- 1 x White Wings Pav Magic Egg 125g
- ⅛ tsp – ¼ tsp peppermint essence
- Red gel food colouring
- 125g (1 punnet) raspberries
- Baby mint leaves, to serve
- Prepare and bake White Wings Milk Choc Ganache Tarts as directed.
- Preheat oven to 100°C Convention/ 80°C fan-forced. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Prepare White Wings Pav Magic mix as directed. Add peppermint essence to taste.
- Run a skewer dipped in food colouring down the sides of a large piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain nozzle to form six stripes.
- Spoon one-quarter of the meringue mixture into the piping bag. Discard the remaining. Pipe mixture to form mini meringues, about 2cm in diameter, 3cm apart. Bake for 1 ½ hours to 2 hours until dry to the touch. Turn off oven and cool completely in the oven with door closed.
- Top tarts with meringues, raspberries and mint to serve.
This recipe requires only ¼ batch Pav Magic Egg. Excess meringue can be used to make extra mini meringues or even a larger style pavlova if desired. Freeze for up to one month in airtight containers layered with baking paper.