Apple Cinnamon & Date Muffins
Apple cinnamon and date muffins are a great lunchbox snack, even the kids can make them!
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ½ cup CSR Coconut Sugar
- 2 red apples (400g), cored and chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup fresh pitted dates, chopped
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ½ cup White Wings Plain Flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced) and line a 12-hole 1/3 cup muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together olive oil, eggs, milk, vanilla and coconut sugar until creamy.
- Add ¾ of both the apples and dates and stir gently, then fold through baking powder, bicarb soda, cinnamon and White Wings Plain Flour.
- Once combined pour into muffin cases and top with the remaining apple and dates.
- Bake for 25- minutes until cooked through in the centre.
- Cool in tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Sprinkle with a little combined coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Serve with a cup of tea or a glass of milk.
Buy a good quality light flavoured olive oil, not extra virgin, or it will result in a very savoury muffin!