Chocolate Donut Sandwiches with Cookies + Cream Icing and Milk Choc Glaze
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 10 mins
A sandwich but in dessert form! A beautiful cookies and cream filling between two layers of donut, served with a milk choc glaze and Oreos, you will be licking your lips before they are even ready!
- 1 x White Wings Baked Donut Bites
- 40ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 60ml milk
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 x White Wings Cookies and Cream Filling Mix
- 150g soft unsalted butter
- 45ml milk
- 100g Oreo biscuits, finely chopped
- Dark chocolate curls, to serve
Milk Choc Glaze:
- 100g milk chocolate, chopped
- 75g sour cream
- 1 tbsp milk
- Prepare donut mix as directed. Fold through cocoa powder until combined. Spoon into a sealed large zip-lock bag. Cut one corner to make a hole. Pipe among a greased 12-hole mini donut pan. Bake for 7 -8 minutes until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a serrated knife, halve donuts horizontally. Place bases on a serving platter.
- Prepare cookies and cream filling as directed. Transfer icing to a piping bag fitted with a 2cm fluted nozzle. Pipe icing over the bases of the donuts. Scatter with chopped biscuit, then sandwich with donuts tops.
- For milk choc glaze, place chocolate and sour cream a small microwave heat bowl. Microwave high for 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds with a metal spoon until smooth. Add the milk and whisk until smooth and has a glaze-like consistency.
- Drizzle donuts with glaze and top with chocolate curls to serve.