Chocolate Fondant Cupcakes
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20-25 mins
Make every bite mouth-watering by adding some chocolate filling to the centre of your cupcakes.
- 1 pack White Wings Chocolate Cupcake mix
- 2 (59g each) eggs
- 125ml (½ cup) milk
- 125g semi-sweet dark chocolate
- 100ml pure cream
- 60g (3 tbsp) margarine or soft butter
- 15ml (3 tsp) milk
- Preheat oven to 180ºC conventional or 160ºC fan-forced. Line a 12 x ⅓ cup capacity standard muffin tray with patty cases.
- Place the cupcake mix, margarine spread or soft butter, eggs and milk into a small mixing bowl. Using electric mixer beat on low speed for 30 seconds to combine. Increase speed to medium and mix for 2 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Spoon cupcake mixture into prepared muffin tray (approx. ½ to ¾ fill).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Stand 5 minutes in muffin tray before placing cupcake onto a wire rack to cool completely. Time may vary depending on oven.
- To make the filling, bring 100ml of pure cream to a simmer. Remove from heat and whisk in 125g of chopped semisweet chocolate until smooth.
- Use a small knife to cut out centres of each cupcake about half-way down. Fill cut-out with about 1 tsp of chocolate mixture and chill until just slightly set at the surface, about 10 minutes.
- Place frosting mix, margarine spread or soft butter and milk in a small mixing bowl. Using electric mixer beat on low speed for 30 seconds to combine. Increase speed to high and mix for 3 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally. Spread over filled cupcakes. Drizzle left-over chocolate on top.