Chocolate Vanilla Cake
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 55-60 mins
Is chocolate icing on a chocolate cake too rich for you? Give this simple vanilla cake with chocolate icing a try instead!
- 1 White Wings Vanilla Cake packet mix
- 60g soft butter or margarine spread
- 2 eggs
- 180ml milk
- 50g soft butter or margarine spread
- 15ml milk
- 3 tbsp sifted cocoa
- Preheat oven to 160°C conventional or 140°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm x 20 cm deep round cake pan. Line the base with baking paper.
- Place the cake mix, eggs, milk and soft butter or margarine in a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat on low speed for 30 seconds to combine. Increase speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand for 10 minutes in pan before turning onto wire rack to cool completely. Time may vary depending on oven.
- Frosting: Place frosting mix, soft butter or margarine spread in a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer on beat on low speed for 30 seconds to combine. Increase speed to high and mix for 3 minutes. Add sifted cocoa to the frosting mixture and mix for an extra 30 seconds. Spread over cooled cake. Enjoy.