Easter Bunny Cupcakes
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 25 mins
Spring into action this Easter with these adorable Bunny Cupcakes. Follow the 5 simple steps and you'll have the kids bouncing up and down to get their hands on one of these!
- 1½ cups White Wings Self-Raising Flour
- ½ cup White Wings Plain Flour
- 1 cup CSR Caster Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 125g butter, softened
- 1½ cups CSR Soft Icing Mixture
- 1 tbsp milk
- Marshmallows, Normal and mini size, pink and white (for cheeks, nose, eyes and ears)
- Chocolate chips, milk or dark (for eyes)
- Shredded coconut, toasted (for fur)
- 1 lemon for zesting
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Place all of the cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl and use electric beaters on low speed for 30 seconds. Once combined, increase speed to high and beat until mixture is thick and smooth.
- Line a 12 hole, ½ cup capacity muffin tray with paper liners and divide the batter equally into each. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave in tin for 5 minutes before removing and leaving to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare the buttercream icing by beating softened butter on high speed until pale before gradually adding the remaining ingredients. Transfer buttercream to a piping bag with a med-large round nozzle tip.
- Pipe a tablespoon of icing onto the centre of each cup cake and smooth all over surface with a knife. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and fine grated lemon zest. Cut and arrange marshmallows pieces to make the cheeks, nose, eyes and ears. Add 2 chocolate chips for the eyes.