Gingerbread Glazed Doughnuts
Prep: 1 hour
Cook: 20 mins
If you are planning on baking this Christmas, it has to be these Gingerbread Glazed Donuts. Topped with a milk chocolate and vanilla glaze and sprinkles… they’re absolutely irresistible.
- 310g White Wings Plain Flour
- 25g White Wings Cornflour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 140g CSR Brown Sugar
- 150g butter, chopped
- 140g CSR Golden Syrup
- Finely grated zest of ½ orange
- 150ml milk
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 egg yolk
- Sprinkles, cachous, grated white & dark chocolate, to decorate
- Melted white chocolate, to decorate
Milk Chocolate Glaze:
- 55g CSR Caster Sugar
- 80ml milk
- 200g milk chocolate
- 1 tbsp bourbon whisky (optional)
Vanilla Buttermilk Glaze:
- 600g (5 cups) CSR Pure Icing Sugar, sifted
- 100ml buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven 160°C fan-forced. Grease 2 donut baking pans. Sift flour, cornflour, baking powder and spices into a large bowl. Stir through sugar.
- Melt butter, syrup, orange zest in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat; add milk and eggs, whisk to combine. Add butter mixture to dry ingredients. Spoon into piping bag & pipe into donut pans.
- Bake 9-10 mins or until a skewer inserted into donuts comes out clean. Leave donuts on wire rack to cool.
- Milk chocolate glaze: place sugar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir 2-3 mins, remove from heat, add milk. Return pan to stove over low heat add chocolate (and bourbon) stir 2-3 mins.
- Vanilla glaze: sieve icing sugar into a bowl, add buttermilk, vanilla and lemon juice; whisk until smooth. Set aside for 5 mins. Divide mixture between two bowls, tint one with red food colouring.
- Glaze donuts with dark chocolate glaze, red glaze and vanilla glaze. Decorate with melted chocolate, sprinkles and grated white chocolate.