Gluten Free Banana Bread
For gluten freedom, try this Gluten Free Banana Bread! A simple loaf to make and perfect for using up ripe bananas. Serve it for afternoon tea with a cuppa, enjoy a slice with yoghurt and honey, or pop a big dollop of ice-cream alongside if you fancy it for dessert.
- Preheat your oven to 175°C bake. Grease a 22cm x 12cm non-stick loaf tin.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a bowl and whisk until fully combined.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl with a handheld mixer until light and pale.
- Add one egg at a time to the butter mixture, whisking after each one.
- Add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add half the flour mixture and mix well, then add half the mashed banana and mix again. Repeat with the remaining flour and mashed banana.
- Pour the mixture into your greased loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the tin for 30 minutes, then remove from the tin and place on a rack to cool completely.
- Dust with icing sugar to serve.