Gluten Free Chocolate Buttermilk Cake
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 40-45 mins
Cater for all with this deliciously rich Gluten Free Chocolate Buttermilk Cake!
- Preheat oven to 180ºC conventional or 160ºC fan-forced. Grease a 22cm round cake tin. Dust with cocoa
- Melt butter and chocolate carefully in a saucepan stirring over low heat constantly until smooth. Remove from heat and add sugar while the chocolate mixture is still hot.
- Whisk in buttermilk and eggs, then sift in the dry ingredients and gently whisk until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared tin.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer come out clean. Turn out on wire rack to cool.
- For the frosting, sift icing sugar and coca powder into a bowl and add soft butter or margarine spread and milk.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until smooth, adding a few extra drops of milk if required. Spread over cooled cake.