Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 60 mins
Dietary preferences shouldn't mean you have to miss out on flavoursome layered chocolate cakes. This gluten free cake is best topped with icing sugar and mixed berries raspberry sauce!
- 2 cups White Wings Gluten-free Plain Flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1½ cups CSR Caster Sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup boiling water
- 125gm butter, softened
- 1½ cup CSR Soft Icing Mixture
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 cups mixed berries raspberry sauce
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Pre heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced) and grease and line two 20cm round springform cake tins with baking paper.
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, before adding the eggs, milk and vegetable oil. Whisk to a smooth batter before adding the boiling water. Pour batter into prepared cake tin and bake for 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and leave in tin for 10 minutes before releasing and leaving to cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, cut off domed centre of cake and slice the cake in half to give you 2 flat discs.
- Prepare the Buttercream icing by beating softened butter on high speed until pale before gradually adding the remaining ingredients.
- Build the cake with layers of cake, icing, cake, icing, berries. Drizzle raspberry sauce over the top of the final layer of berries and dust with icing sugar.