Hot Cross Bun Cupcakes
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20-25 mins
A tasty twist on traditional Easter goodies, these Hot Cross Bun Cupcakes will have the kids asking if they can have seconds!
- 1 pack White Wings Vanilla Cupcake Mix
- 60g (3 tbsp) Meadowlea margarine spread or soft butter
- 2 (59g each) eggs
- 125ml (½ cup) milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground clove
- ⅓ cup currants
- 100g cream cheese, softened
- 40g soft butter
- 1 satchet White Wings Vanilla Frosting Mix (in pack)
- 1 tsp honey, warmed
- Prepare cupcake mix as directed adding spices to the mixture before blending. Fold in currants and bake as directed. Let cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat softened cream cheese in a small bowl until smooth and creamy. Beat in soft butter until well combined. Beat in frosting mix until whipped and smooth, about 1 minute on high speed.
- Warm honey in the microwave until very fluid. Brush over cooled cupcakes and let stand 10 minutes.
- Fill a piping bag with frosting and pipe a cross over each cupcake. Dust with icing sugar and serve.