Hot Cross Scrolls
Hot cross buns meet cinnamon scrolls in this quick and easy Easter recipe. Two family favourites come together to create the ultimate snack or dessert to be baked at Easter.
- 1 packet White Wings Cinnamon Scroll Mix
- 1 egg
- 80g unsalted butter, melted
- 100ml lukewarm milk
- 40g butter
- 20ml cold milk
- 1 cup (180g) coarsely chopped Australian raisins
- Prepare and prove scroll dough as directed. Grease and line a 22cm round cake pan or 20cm square cake pan.
- Prepare cinnamon butter as directed. Roll out scroll dough as directed.
- Spread butter over dough, leaving a 1cm border. Scatter over the raisins, then starting with the longest side, roll tightly to enclose the filling. Cut into 9 even pieces and place pieces, side by side with scroll-side up and leave room for spreading in the pan.
- Prove scrolls as directed.
- Bake scrolls as directed
- To prepare the glaze, mix the glaze mix with 2 tsp cold milk. Place half the glaze in a disposable piping bag fitted with a 5mm piping nozzle. Add 1 tsp milk to the remaining glaze and brush over the warm scrolls. Pipe the thicker glaze over the tops of scrolls for form crosses. Set aside for 20 minutes to set. Serve at room temperature
If dough appears a little sticky, dust with some flour to ease rolling out. If you don’t have piping bag, use a snap lock bag and trim off a bottom corner to about 5mm.