Little Hummingbird Cakes
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
A quick and easy cupcake recipe that even the kids can make! These Little Hummingbird Cakes look cute and taste amazing.
- 2 cups White Wings Self Raising Flour
- ¾ cup firmly packed CSR Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup sunflower oil
- 2 extra large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 440g crushed pineapple, well drained
- 125g cream cheese, diced and softened
- 50g butter, diced and softened
- 1½ cups CSR Icing Sugar
- Toasted shredded coconut and chopped pecans, for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line 12, ½ cup capacity muffin pans with paper cases.
- Combine flour, sugar, pecans and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the oil and eggs. Then fold in the banana and pineapple.
- Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and mix using a large spoon until just combined. Spoon mixture between prepared patty cases and bake for 25 minutes. Cool.
- Place cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl, and using electric beaters, mix well. Add icing sugar gradually until all combined and smooth. Spread icing over the top of each cake and sprinkle with toasted coconut and pecans.