Melted Snowmen Cookies
These Melting Snowman Cookies were inspired by a wish from Isla (4, neuroblastoma). Make-A-Wish® Australia support over 950 children on a Wish Journey right now.
- 2 ½ cups (355g) White Wings Plain Flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 200g (1 cup) CSR Sugar
- 1 tsp (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 (59g) egg
- ½ cup (60g) CSR Icing Sugar, sifted
- 3 tsp milk
- 1 packet white marshmallows
- 1 packet snake lollies
- 1 packet small chocolate buttons
- 1 black edible food pen
- In large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk to blend and set aside.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until fluffy and pale, about 5 minutes. Beat in vanilla bean paste. Beat in egg.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low speed until thoroughly combined.
- Divide dough into two equal parts. Flatten each portion into a disk and wrap well in plastic wrap. Chill for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees conventional.
- Remove one disk and unwrap. On a lightly floured work surface, roll the dough out to about 5cm thick. Cut out as many circles as you can using a 7cm round cutter. Place cut-outs on prepared baking trays, spacing them 3cm apart. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Transfer baking trays to a wire rack to cool.
- To make the white icing, stir together icing sugar and 3 teaspoons of milk until smooth. Add up to 1 teaspoon more milk as needed to get a thick spreading consistency. Spread icing over large cooled cookies and press a marshmallow at the top of each cookie.
- To start decorating your cookies, cut down the spine of the snake lolly to produce two long thinner pieces. Wrap each piece around the base of the marshmallows to form scarves.
- Using an orange snake lolly, cut small triangles to form the Snowman’s nose. Gentle spoon a small amount of icing sugar mixture to the base of the nose and fix to the middle of the marshmallow
- Place three mini round coloured chocolate buttons running down the centre of the cooking to form buttons
- Using the black food pen, style your snowman’s face, and draw two arms.
Roll dough between two sheets of baking paper for a non-stick, mess free surface