Pavlova Grazing Board
Prep: 45 mins
Cook: 1 hour 30 mins
Let your guests create their own dessert with this Pavlova Grazing Board.
Top your pavlova nests with fresh fruit, Turkish delight, pistachios and raspberry yoghurt cream!
- 1kg Greek style yoghurt
- 6 egg whites, room temperature
- 380g CSR Caster Sugar
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1½ tsp White Wings Cornflour
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 punnet strawberries, halved
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Finely grated zest of ½ lime
- 2 punnets raspberries
- Chopped Turkish delight
- Chopped pistachios
- Mint leaves and edible flowers
- 1 punnet raspberries
- 75g (⅓ cup) CSR Caster Sugar
- 2 tsp rosewater
- 300ml thickened cream
- Place yoghurt in a sieve lined with muslin (or kitchen chux) over a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight to drain.
- Preheat oven to 150°C (130°C fan-forced). Trace twelve 10cm circles on three sheets of baking paper. Place sheets pencil side down on lightly greased large, flat baking trays.
- Whisk egg whites in an electric mixer for 1-2 mins until soft peaks form. Gradually add 330g sugar, scraping down the sides after each addition, for 10 mins until mixture is glossy and sugar has dissolved. Whisk in vinegar, then fold through cornflour and cardamom.
- Spoon meringue evenly among circle templates. Use the back of spoon to form peaks and swirls.
- Place meringues in the oven, then immediately reduce oven to 120°C (100°C fan forced), bake for 1½ hours until crisp but not coloured. Turn off and let cool completely in the oven with the door slightly ajar for 6 hours or overnight.
- Place strawberries, zest, juice and the remaining 50g sugar in a bowl toss to coat. Set aside for 15-20 mins to macerate.
- Place half the raspberries, 2 tbs sugar and rosewater in a small bowl and crush lightly with a fork.
- Whisk drained yogurt, thickened cream and the remaining 2 tbsp sugar in an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Fold through crushed raspberries to create a rippled effect.
- Serve pavlovas with yoghurt cream, macerated strawberries, raspberries, Turkish delight, pistachios, mint and edible flowers.
Short on time? Try using White Wings Pavlova Magic