This amazing Princess Castle was inspired by a wish from Priya(6, acute lymphoblastic leukaemia). We’re committed to support Make-A-Wish® Australia, and with more than 800 kids currently on a Wish Journey, every dollar raised helps create more wishes.
- 250g butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1½ cups (330g) CSR Caster Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1¾ cups (260g) White Wings Self Raising flour
- ⅓ cup (50g) White Wings Plain (all-purpose) Flour
- ¾ cup (180ml) milk
- 150g unsalted butter, softened
- 250g CSR Vanilla or Strawberry Buttercream Icing mixture
- 3 tsp water
- Ice cream cones
- CADBURY Baking White Chocolate melts
- PASCALL Jubes
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a deep 20cm square cake pan or deep 22cm round cake pan, line base and sides of pan with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm above the sides.
- Beat butter, vanilla and sugar in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating until just combined between additions. Transfer mixture to a large bowl; fold in combined sifted flours and milk in two batches. Spread mixture into pan.
- Bake cake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave cake in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.
- For buttercream, place butter in a bowl and using electric beaters, mix until smooth. Add icing mix and water, mixing well.
- Spread icing immediately on the cake, allowing a little to drip over the sides.
- Melt 100g of CADBURY Baking White Chocolate melts. Dip the open end of each ice cream cone in the melted chocolate & then cover with sprinkles.
- Use PASCALL Jubes to create the windows & walls of your castles and to decorate.
HACK: If you’re short on time just use the White Wings Vanilla Cake mix and follow packet instructions. Top with decorations.