Triple Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 12 mins
Chocolate overload alert! Your taste buds will be thanking you after you try these rich triple choc cookie sandwiches!
- 1 White Wings Rich Chocolate Cake packet mix
- 100g butter, melted
- 1 (59g) egg
- 80g Soft butter
- 3 tsp (15ml) milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the cake mix sachet, butter and egg into a medium bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon until well combined and a soft dough forms. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Roll chilled dough into small walnut sized balls and place on prepared trays, spacing them 6cm apart. You should have 30 balls of dough.
- Flatten each ball slightly with the palm of your hand and bake until cracked on the surface, 10-12 minutes. The cookies will still feel soft but will firm up as they cool. Transfer trays to a wire rack and let cookies cool on trays for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make filling, place frosting mix sachet, butter and milk in a small bowl. Using a electric mixer, beat on low speed for 30 seconds to combine. Increase speed to high and mix for 3 minutes, scraping down side of bowl occasionally.
- Spread or pipe filling evenly on top of 15 of the cooled cookies. Sandwich another cookie on top and press together gently. For a soft-textured cookie, refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.