Vanilla Cheesecake with Blueberries and Lemon Syrup
Prep: 20 mins + overnight chilling
Cook: 3 minutes
Home made cheesecake at your disposal with our new Cheesecake Mix!
So creamy and delicious, your friends will think it's store bought. Top with any of your favourite fruits or syrups - we love blueberries and lemon drizzle!
- 400g digestive biscuits
- 200g melted unsalted butter
- 2 x White Wings Cheesecake Mix
- 125g (1 punnet) blueberries
- 110g (½ cup) CSR Caster Sugar
- 80mL (1/3 cup) lemon juice
- Thinly peeled zest of 1 large lemon
For one large cheesecake:
- Grease and line a 22cm round springform cake pan with baking paper.
- Process biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until combined. Spoon into prepared pan and use a straight-sided glass to spread and press mixture over the base and side of the pan. Place in the fridge for 30 mins to firm.
- Prepare the cheesecake mix as directed. Spoon mixture into the biscuit shell and smooth the top, creating some peaks and swirls. Place in the fridge for 3-4 hours or preferably overnight to set.
- For lemon syrup, combine sugar, lemon juice, zest and 2 tbs water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until sugar dissolves. Place in the fridge for 2 hours to chill.
- Transfer cheesecake to a serving platter, top with blueberries and drizzle with lemon syrup to serve.
For a smaller cheesecake:
- Grease and line an 18cm round springform cake pan with baking paper.
- Process 200g digestive biscuits until finely crushed. Add 100g melted butter and process until combined.
- Spoon into prepared pan and use a straight-sided glass to spread and press mixture over the base and side of the pan. Refrigerate for 30 mins to firm.
- Prepare 1 x Packet White Wings Cheesecake Filling Mix as directed. Spoon mixture into the biscuit shell and smooth the top, creating peaks and swirls. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours to set.
- Meanwhile, for lemon syrup, combine 55g (¼ cup) caster sugar, 2 tbs lemon juice, thinly peeled zest of ½ lemon and 1 tbs water in small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring for 2-3 mins until sugar dissolves.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours until chilled.
- Serve slices of cheesecake with blueberries and a drizzling of lemon syrup.
NOTE: use a hot, wet knife to cut the cheesecake.