Wholemeal Banana Bread
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 45 mins
With this quick and easy recipe the whole family will be enjoying your warm Banana Bread fresh out of the oven!
- 2 cups (320g) White Wings Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 1 cup (220g) CSR Brown sugar, firmly packed
- ⅓ cup (80ml) milk
- 50g butter or margarine spread, melted
- 2 (59g) eggs
- 2 (1 cup) over-ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat oven to 170°C/150°C fan-forced. Grease a 5-6 cup capacity loaf pan and line with baking paper.
- Sift flour, bicarbonate of soda and mixed spice into a large bowl. Stir in sugar. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk milk, butter or margarine and eggs together in a separate bowl. Add milk mixture and mashed bananas to flour mixture and stir to combine. Pour mixture into prepared pan and smooth surface. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes our clean. Stand bread in a pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Cut bread into thick slices and spread with extra butter or margarine to serve.
- Flour substitutions: White Wings Wholemeal Self Raising Flour can be replaced with White Wings Self Raising Flour.