Red Velvet Layer Cake with Cheesecake Icing and Raspberries
Prep: 50 mins, plus setting overnight
Cook: 1 hour and 15 mins
Thick cheesecake icing between soft, scrumptious red velvet layers...YUM! A seriously good-looking cake to wow all with your baking skills!
- 2 packets White Wings Red Velvet Cupcake mix
- 120g soft butter or margarine
- 4 eggs
- 250ml milk
- 1 x White Wings Cheesecake Mix
- 310ml cold milk
- 250g (2 punnets) raspberries
- Extra raspberries, to serve
Crushed raspberry icing:
- 1 packet White Wings Cheesecake Mix
- 310ml cold milk
- 60g (½ punnet) raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180°C conventional or 160°C fan-forced. Grease and line a 20cm round cake pan with baking paper. Prepare White Wings Red Velvet Cupcake mix as directed. Pour batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a skewered inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool completely in the pan.
- Prepare White Wings Cheesecake Mix as directed. Set mixture aside at room temperature for 15 minutes to firm slightly. Meanwhile, using a serrated knife, trim the top of the cake to create a flat surface. Cut the cake into three layers horizontally.
- Place one cake layer on a serving platter. Spread with half of the cheesecake mixture and scatter with one-third of the raspberries. Top with another layer of cake. Repeat layering, finishing with the final layer of cake.
- For the icing, prepare White Wings Cheesecake Mix as directed. Set aside at room temperature for 15 minutes to firm slightly. Crush raspberries with a fork, then fold through the cheesecake mix. Using a spatula, spread the icing over the top and sides of the cake. Refrigerate for 2 hours or preferably overnight to set.
- Serve slices of cake with extra raspberries